International Amigo Scholarship
The International Amigo Scholarship entitles awarded international students to a waiver of the out-of-state portion of tuition- a value of more than $15,000 per year. Students must meet renewal requirements each semester.
- Freshman Applicants: The equivalent of a U.S. grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 in upper secondary school (high school) college preparatory course work completed, as determined by UNM, or an ACT composite score of 26 or a SAT combined score of 1240 and the equivalent of a U.S. grade point average of 3.0 in upper secondary school (high school) college preparatory course work completed, as determined by UNM.
- TransferApplicants: A minimum 3.25 grade point average (GPA) in all university transfer course work completed with the equivalent of at least 30 university credit hours, as determined by UNM.
- Admission to a full-time, in-person undergraduate degree program (Online-only degree programs are not eligible.)
- Non-immigrant visa status (Preference is given to student visa holders- F1, J1)
- No previous attendance at UNM in the current application degree level.
Deadline and Selection
The Fall semester priority deadline is February 15th. The Spring semester priority deadlines is October 1st. Applicants are highly encouraged to have all required application materials submitted prior to these deadlines as scholarships are limited in number.
Optionally, students may also submit recommendation forms. Please submit the Secondary School Recommendation form to the UNM Office of International Admissions by postal delivery to:
- The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years for freshman applicants and two years for transfer applicants.
- Students must maintain enrollment in 15 new credit hours (no repeated courses) and achieve a minimum 3.0 GPA each semester.
- Scholarships will not be renewed if the eligibility requirements are not met. For more information concerning specific renewal requirements, academic policies, and completing a scholarship petition to appeal a scholarship cancellation, please see this page.
- Students are responsible for ensuring they understand the requirements to maintain the International Amigo Scholarship.