Immigration & Work

In order to complete your studies at UNM and maintain your legal status in the US your I-20 or DS-2019 form must remain valid at all times. Also, international students do NOT have permission to work in the US unless specifically authorized. Read this section to find out what you need to do to maintain legal status, re-enter after trips abroad and work legally in the US.